At Upper Brookfield State School the role of a student leader is held in very high esteem by the Principal, staff, their fellow students, parents, carers and the general community.
Upper Brookfield State School student
Being a student leader at Upper Brookfield State School is a position
that is earnt. Students who have
demonstrated appropriate behaviour over the course of their time at school are
encouraged to apply.
Applicants are required to:
- Submit a completed Leadership Application
fulfilling the required criteria.
The Principal and school staff will collate the applications and
shortlist the applicants.
- If shortlisted, present a speech to the school
who will vote for a maximum of three students.
- Be interviewed for suitability by the
principal who will then notify the students and parents of the outcome.
Appointed studentleaders will be required to sign a Leadership
Agreement prior to being inducted at an official parade where they will receive
their badge and be presented to the school.
Student leadership expectations
- Set a positive example for the school through
their work ethic and behaviour.
- Undertake extra responsibilities to assist the
management and organisation of the school.
- Represent the school at significant events.
- Welcome, thank and talk with school guests and
- Follow the school rules and uphold its values.
- Discuss school issues and ideas with staff as a
representative of the student body.
In the event that an appointed student leader drops their previously
high standard and does not demonstrate the student leadership expectations the
may be removed for a period of time or permanently. If this unfortunate occurrence were to take
place for any period of time the parents or carers of the student will be consulted
by the principal.